The first step to curing the 2013 strain of cabin fever is to leave your house. The second step is to head to a Wisconsin B&B Association member inn and, lo and behold, we’ve got real cabin B&Bs to choose from. In Wisconsin, inns come in all shapes and sizes, which makes finding a unique place to stay a happy endeavor. You have your Victorian mansions, contemporary urban inns, working farms, and cabins. Yes, there are 18 member B&Bs whose architecture is true cabin, from the rough hewn logs to the big front porch to the roaring fire in the fireplace, like Grapevine Log Cabins B&B in Sparta and Tauschek’s B&B Log Home in Plymouth. There are also inns that have cabins, with Justin Trails B&B Resort in Sparta a fine example of that. And inns with the cousin to the cabin – the cottage – like Thorp House Inn & Cottages in Fish Creek.
Posts Tagged ‘cabin’
Here are five more inns that have a vibe that’s guy-friendly. And while we worked on this list with a guys’ getaway in mind, there’s nothing to say you can’t take your favorite guy for a weekend getaway to one of these B&Bs, just the two of you.
1. If you’re into bicycling, then rent out the Fountain Chateau B&B in Hustler, where the Omaha Bike Trail connects right next door to the inn. Guys can bike all the way to Elroy and the world-famous Elroy Sparta Trail as well as the 400 State Park Trail. The innkeepers are happy to serve an evening meal of your choice too.
2. The “Golf Till You Drop” package at the Westphal Mansion Inn in Hartford offers golf at surrounding courses including Erin Hills, home of the U.S. Open in 2017. Upon return, the guys can enjoy a free wine and cheese social to be followed in the morning with a four-course homemade breakfast and another round of golf.
3. For guys who regularly attend the EAA air show in Oshkosh, you can rent out the entire floor Turret Royale Suite which sleeps seven at the Franklin Street Inn. Welcome cookies and a large home-cooked full breakfast are never turned down.
4. Play a little pool on the pool table in the clubhouse, then watch the big game on a large-screen TV at the Lake Orchard Farm B&B in Sheboygan located right on Lake Michigan. They also have on-site golf with golf carts included, no charge.
5. Justin Trails B&B in Sparta has a “Handy Person Special.” Work for four hours cutting down trees and removing weeds on the inn’s disc golf course and cross-country ski trails in exchange for $50 per night lodging in a cabin.