Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts
Home > Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast > Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin > The Roth House
View more photos at our web site: therothhouse.com
The Roth House
- Your host(s):
- Hollis, Carol, & Holly Roth
- Web Site:
- 102 Pine Street
Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin 54655
- Guest Rooms:
- 5Bathrooms: 4
- $99 - $179
- Check In/Out:
- 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (flexible) - 11 a.m.
The Roth House
Within the Driftless Area of Southwestern Wisconsin is The Roth House,a fine Victorian built in 1896 by one of the area's leading citizens. And now, this historic house has been restored and reborn as a bed-and-breakfast - a gracious inn that offers all the charm of the past and all the amenities of the present.
The Driftless Area of Southwest Wisconsin is a special place. Untouched by the glaciers that turned most of the midsection of America into flatlands and prairies, the Driftless Area features wooded hills, sparkling creeks, and a meandering river called the Kickapoo. The area is a perfect destination to enjoy biking, hiking, canoeing, fishing, birding, or just relaxing.
Each of the guest rooms in The Roth House has a unique personality, suited not only to the person for which it was named, but also with a mind to the guest who will occupy it. Whether you want an elegant suite or a cozy room, The Roth House has an accommodation that is perfect for you. All of the guest rooms include specially-designed plush robes.
* Atley Peterson Suite -- Queen-size bed, sitting area, fireplace, deluxe private air-jet bath (Bain) and large 4-foot shower.
* Agnes Moorehead Suite -- Queen-size bed, large sitting area, fireplace, private bath It also includes turn-of-the-century Murphy bed, perfect for that extra guest.
* Holly's Room -- Double bed, sitting area (can be rented with the Agnes Moorehead Suite).
* Betty's Room -- Queen-size bed, private bath, large 6-foot shower.
* Vernon's Room -- Queen-size bed, private unattached bath with clawfoot tub and shower.
The public rooms on the main level of the house offer places to gather for conversation or to enjoy quietly. Perfect in any season is the large sitting room with its fireplace and grand piano. At the front of the house is a cozy parlor, with an overstuffed leather chair and ottoman, couch, and wingback. Just the place for reading, or if you want to acknowledge the current century, watching television.
In season, the wrap around-porch provides a space for guests to enjoy the ambiance like all the front porches of decades past. A newly added victorian patio and garden provides another outdoor space for guests to enjoy the late afternoons and evenings.
As the sun is setting, guests are often invited to enjoy the fire pit, located at the back of the property. A Warm crackling fire, thousands of stars overhead, and smores....a great way to end the day.
Guests are greeted at the start of the day in the dining room, which is a great place for getting to know your innkeepers and fellow guests. The large table is a requirement for the delicious breakfasts prepared each morning from locally produced foods, And you can look out the large window, with its decorative stained-glass crown, toward the banks of the nearby Kickapoo River.
**Full Country breakfast featuring locally-grown foods
**Complimentary cookies and lemonade each afternoon at 3:00 pm
**Complimentary wine and cheese each evening
**Proximity to Park and Kickapoo River
**Wrap-around Front Porch for Seasonal Gathering
**Victorian Patio and Garden (a late afternoon respite)
** Cable Television (Parlor)
** High-Speed Wireless Internet Service
** Air Conditioning
**Fireplace (Sitting Room, Suites)
Innkeepers Hollis, Carol, and Holly Roth invite you to enjoy old-fashioned hospitality in a historic setting.
Rooms cancelled within ten days of the registration will not be charged, if the room is booked.
If the room is not booked, the room will be charged and the guest will receive a gift certificate that can be used at a future date.
- Cultural: Galleries
- Cultural: Historic Sites
- Cultural: Museums
- Cultural: Wineries
- Shopping: Antiquing
- Shopping: Unique Shops
- Silent Sports: Biking
- Silent Sports: Birding
- Silent Sports: Canoeing
- Silent Sports: Fishing
- Silent Sports: Golf
- Silent Sports: Hiking
- Silent Sports: Horseback Riding
- Silent Sports: Kayaking
- Silent Sports: National/State Parks
- Silent Sports: Swimming
- Silent Sports: Tennis
- Winter: Cross Country Skiing
- Winter: Downhill Skiing
- Winter: Snowmobiling
- Winter: Snowshoeing
- Breakfast: Full
- Complimentary: Early Morning Coffee / Tea
- Complimentary: Wine or Wine / Cheese
- Picnic Lunches / Extra $
- Special Diets Accommodated
- Accessibility: Limited Handicap
- Air: Central
- Business: Copy Service
- Business: Corporate Rates
- Business: Government Rate
- Business: Internet Access
- Business: Meeting Rooms
- Common Area: Fireplace
- Common Area: Piano
- Common Area: TV
- Complimentary: Beverages
- Complimentary: Light Refreshments
- Complimentary: Wine/Cheese
- Entertainment: Movie Library
- Murder Mysteries
- Outdoor: Guest Areas
- Outdoor: Off Street Parking
- Parking: off street for cars
- Parking: off street for motorcycles
- Alcoholic Beverages Permitted
- Children Inquire
- Payment: Cash Accepted
- Payment: Checks Accepted
- Payment: Credit Cards Accepted
- Payment: Traveler's Checks Accepted
- Pets: Innkeeper Pets in Residence
- Pets: Not Permitted
- Smoke - Free Property
Property Type / Geographic Setting
- Small Town / Village
- Air: Air Conditioned Room
- Appliance: Iron/Ironing Board Available
- Appliance: Telephone
- Bath: Air Jet Tub
- Bath: Hair Dryer
- Bath: Private
- Bath: Robes
- Bath: Shower
- Bed: Full Bed
- Bed: Luxury Linens
- Bed: Queen
- Bed:Two Beds in Room
- Entertainment: Wi-Fi Access
- Fireplace: Electric
Well Suited For
- Group Events
- Group Meetings
- Romance: Elopement
- Romance: Escape
- Romance: Honeymoons
- Romance: Weddings
- Travel: Business
- Travel: Family
- Travel: Gay Friendly
- Travel: Single
- Travel: Vacation Getaway